The 2016 Creature Comforts Food and Supplies Drive is underway! This is our 4th year conducting this drive 🙂
Public Collection Bins have been distributed and are ready for your donations! Once again, all donations will be used to benefit Last Day Dog Rescue and Tail Waggers 1990. These organizations work hard all year to rescue, care for, foster/find homes for, vaccinate and protect local animals in need. We want to help say “Thank you for all you do” by collecting some of the items that they have indicated there is a need for or shortage of (see attached flier).
- Last Day Dog Rescue – Based in Livonia but helping dogs and cats across the lower half of Michigan, LDDRs primary effort is saving animals who are out of time at kill shelters. They place rescued dogs – and cats, too – with volunteer foster families and help them find their forever homes. Throughout their history, they have saved thousands of dogs and cats from euthanasia. While LDDR does take in puppies and dogs who are in good shape, their focus is on saving those who are most likely to be thrown away, abandoned and unloved. This organization was founded on the principle that all life is precious and should be given the chance to be loved, cherished and cared for.
- Tail Waggers 1990 – With their motto”Helping People Help Animals”, Tail Waggers offers low-cost vaccinations, spay/neuter services, and a pet food pantry, Pantry 4 Paws. Tail Waggers is based in Livonia and has been helping the community for 25 years. Tail Waggers believes in the importance of vaccinating pets to stop the spread of deadly diseases and to keep pets healthy. By providing low cost vaccines, and offering vaccination clinics on site in their Livonia Wellness Center and also at off-site clinics, Tail Waggers can reach more animals and owners that need these vital services. Additionally, their pantry has fed thousands of animals over the years, relying on food drives within the community, donations from supporters, and fundraising efforts.
Clients of Comfy Creatures Dog Walking & Pet Sitting: If you have a visit scheduled between now and Dec. 31st, you can leave donations for your pet sitter to pick up 🙂
There are Collection Bins distributed throughout our service area where you can leave – and even purchase – your donated items. Some of them have a coupon to help you with your holiday gift-giving and charitable contributions.
Sincere thanks to the following businesses for their support and for sponsoring a PUBLIC COLLECTION BIN:
Plymouth: Three Dog Bakery
550 Forest Ave. #7, Plymouth
Monday-Thursday: 10am – 6pm
Friday: 10am – 7pm
Saturday: 10am – 6pm
Sunday: 11am – 5pm
Northville: Celebrity Pets Company
124 N. Center Street, Northville
Monday-Friday: 10am – 7:30pm
Saturday: 10am – 6:00pm
Sunday:12pm – 4:00pm
Commerce: Puppy Love
1539 Union Lake Road, Commerce
Monday-Friday: 10am – 7:00pm
Saturday: 10am – 6:00pm
Sunday:11am – 4:00pm
2015 DRIVE RESULTS:
Pictures don’t do it justice! These stacks of 30+ lb bags of food are 8-10 bags deep! AMAZING!
SINCERE THANKS to all who contributed to the 2015 Creature Comforts for the Holidays pet food & supplies drive. We could not have done this without your generosity.
We collected almost 2000 POUNDS of dog food, cat food and treats, plus Kongs, Nylabones & other chew toys, leashes, collars, food bowls, pet beds, blankets, towels, cleaning supplies, pee pads… so many goodies!
SPECIAL THANKS to Chaps Feed Store, Celebrity Pets, Three Dog Bakery, ShamPooch, Paws & Claws & Simply Self Storage for their donations and for hosting collection bins, to the folks at Cisco Systems in Southfield for their corporate bin sponsorship, and to the clients and friends of Comfy Creatures who donated.
We can’t wait to see the looks on their faces when the wonderful people from Last Day Dog Rescue and Tail Waggers 1990 see this amazing collection of much-needed food and supplies. What a wonderful way to support them and show our appreciation for all they do for animals in need of homes and medical care. Thank you for your contributions!
SPECIAL THANKS TO THESE ORGANIZATIONS FOR SETTING UP BINS IN THEIR CORPORATE OFFICES:
Cisco commonly stays on top of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to work for”. The organization received the Ron Brown Award, 2002-03, a U.S. presidential honor which recognizes companies “for the exemplary quality of their relationships with employees and communities”. Cisco products, most notably IP phones and Telepresence, are frequently sighted in movies and on TV. The company itself and its history was featured in the 2011 documentary film, Something Ventured. Cisco is one of the leading recipients of network security-related patents with the largest portfolio within other companies, with over 6,000 patents.
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
GZA is a professional services consulting firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, water, ecological, and construction management services, dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level. Now in its 51st year, the firm is consistently ranked among the top 100 firms on Engineering News Record’s (ENR) annual list of the top 200 environmental firms.
2014 DRIVE RESULTS:
SINCERE THANKS to all who contributed to the 2014 Creature Comforts for the Holidays pet food & supplies drive!
We distributed hundreds of pounds of dog food, cat food and treats, plus Kongs, Nylabones & other chew toys, Leashes, Collars, Food Bowls, Pet Beds, Blankets, Towels, Cleaning Supplies, Pee Pads, Clothing…. so many goodies!
The wonderful people at Last Day Dog Rescue, Tail Waggers 1990 & Detroit Dog Rescue are grateful and sincerely thankful for the generosity. Even though it was a cold day, everyone was all smiles & feeling the warmth today as vehicles were loaded up with the much-needed supplies.
Special thanks to Three Dog Bakery, Chaps Feed Store, ShamPooch, Celebrity Pets, Cheesy Luigi’s, & Simply Self Storage for their public bin sponsorships, to GZA Geo-environmental & Waddell & Reed for their corporate bin sponsorships, and of course to the clients, friends & sitters of Comfy Creatures who helped make this possible.
2013 DRIVE RESULTS:
The results are in! All of the items collected for the 2013 Creature Comforts Pet Food & Supplies Drive have been delivered to the 3 designated pet rescues: Waggin’ Tails, Last Day Dog Rescue, and the Humane Society of Huron Valley! There were so many really nice, thoughtful, and generous contributions. We are very proud of the results and look forward to doing it again next year 🙂
– Over 1,000 pounds of dog & cat food
– 50+ pounds of snacks & treats
– Over 20 lbs of Kongs and interactive toys
– Over 200 pounds of litter
– 60+ leashes & harnesses
– as well as 8+ dog beds (thank you Costco), several boxes of flea and tick medication, metal & travel crates, multiple boxes/bags of quilts/blankets/towels, dozens of food bowls, grooming tools… even 6 pet jackets, 2 costumes and 3 adorable bow ties (which will make for adorable adoptive pet photo’s)!
All of us at Comfy Creatures are grateful for the help and contributions, your generosity made this endeavor such a success. Heartfelt thanks to Chaps Feed Store, Shampooch, Costco, Celebrity Pets Co., Three Dog Bakery, Colonial Vet, and JFK Investments/First Place Bank for sponsoring a bin, and to MiniUstorage for sponsoring a bin as well as donating the storage unit. Special thanks to Comfy Creatures’ team members and to our clients for their contributions and support. It is wonderful to be able to assist these organizations that do so much to help so many – it would not have been possible without all the support listed here. Sincere wishes for a Happy and Successful New Year! May 2014 find you well, and may ALL pets find their fur-ever homes 🙂